1. What are the benefits of being on Automatic Bank Draft?
It saves you time by not having to write out a monthly payment. It also saves postage (if you pay by mail) and gas (if you pay in person), and ensures that your account is paid on time.
2. Who can sign up for Automatic Bank Draft?
Residential and Commercial customers who have a current utility account and a checking or savings account can sign up.
3. How much is the fee to be on Automatic Bank Draft?
This service is free of charge to our customers. However, check with your financial institution to see if they charge any related fees.
4. When will my Automatic Bank Draft start?
Your utility account balance must be current, with no outstanding balance due. Then, at the next billing cycle, you should be enrolled in Automatic Bank Draft unless your new bill was printed during the enrollment process.
5. Will I continue to receive a bill?
Yes. You will receive a bill each month. Once you are enrolled with Automatic Bank Draft, you will notice a message on the bill that states: "Draft Customer Do Not Pay."
6. How will I know when the money will be taken out of my account?
Currently, the draft is the 18th day after the billing date. If this falls on a weekend or holiday, it will be processed on the next business day. Each month, the exact draft date will be noted on the bill you will continue to receive in the mail.
7. Can I select the date to have my payment taken out of my account?
Dates cannot be selected due to the billing cycle process.
8. What if I don't have money in my account on the draft date?
If you need to make alternate payment arrangements, contact us immediately at 972-205-2491. Otherwise, there will be an insufficient funds fee charged to your account if the draft is not completed in full.
9. Can I specify how much you can draft from my account?
No. At this time, the entire utility bill is drafted for payment.
10. What if I change financial institutions (bank, savings & loan, credit union)?
We will need for you to submit a voided check from your new account in order for us to verify information through the bank. Contact us immediately at 972-205-2491 to let us know of the change. Then, you may submit the new information by mail, in person, or by fax to 972-205-2610.
11. Can I pay from my Savings or Credit Union Account rather than a Checking Account?
Yes, but please check with your financial institution first since not all Savings and Loans or Credit Unions provide for drafting on checking or savings accounts.
12. What if I move to another address in Garland?
No problem. Automatic Bank Draft can be transferred to another account. You will need to call 972-205-2491 to advise us that you want the draft forwarded to the new address.
13. The utility account is not in my name. Can I still pay from my bank account?
Yes. When you complete the Automatic Bank Draft Application Form, include the account's service address and your voided check and bank account information.
14. What if I have more than one utility account?
We can draft for more than one utility account. Just complete one application form, list all the utility accounts on a separate sheet and return both with a voided check.
15. Can I continue to contribute to the P.A.I.D (Provide Aide in Dollars) Program?
Yes, unless you are on Budget Billing. When you complete the Automatic Bank Draft Enrollment Form, write in the amount you wish to contribute on the P.A.I.D Donation line in even dollar amounts of $1.00 or more, or round up the payment to the nearest dollar.